Spring in the Pacific Northwest is an amazing time, full of new life and inspiration. Trees and plants are blooming, amphibians are moving about the land, and new four-legged and winged ones are being born! Vashon Wilderness Program’s Spring Break camp is a celebration of this renewal, and a great way to help get your kids outside to enjoy this special time of year.
Like all our programs, VWP’s Spring Break camp brings out the best in kids as we:
– inspire authentic curiosity, vitality, and expanded awareness
– encourage resiliency through skills development and dynamic multi-
– sensory-based exploration and play – good for the body and mind!
– facilitate peaceful relationships with peers in a caring community of mentors and elders
– role model our love of the Earth and being good protectors of the environment
The plant enchantment of spring awaits you!
During our special Spring Break Camp, we’ll focus on connecting with the magic, beauty, and medicine of the plant world. Each day, we’ll engage in an herbal project and create a remedy, potion, or tea. And, we’ll learn the secrets of our green and leafy friends as we adventure at a medicinal herb farm. We’ll hear stories, sing songs, play games, learn healing ways, create art, engage with our imaginations, and so much more! Come enjoy what the green world has to share with us!
Date: April 8-12
Time: 10:00am – 2:00pm
Location: working Herbal Farm on Vashon
Website: Click here for more information